Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How to Play Mafia Wars on Your Blackberry

It has really been bugging me that they have Mafia Wars now for the iPhone but not for the Blackberry. You know how it is with computers, I kept sitting here saying that there has got to be a way to do it. Well there is. Bolt is a Beta version of a web browser that you can download for you phone. The Blackberry phone web browser does not support java script so that is why you can not get Mafia Wars to work on it. The Bolt browser does support it and when you load Facebook it looks just like it does on your PC, but tiny. I just loaded Bolt onto my Blackberry Pearl Flip and did about a 15 minute test run. It seems to work pretty good, but it is going to be a little slow because it is on the phone.

The Bolt browser shows up in you downloads and is separate from the browser that comes with the Blackberry. Now of course the word of caution. The Bolt browser is in Beta version right now. What does that mean? Basically, it means they are still testing it out. Will it make your phone crash? I can not answer that question, so proceed at your own risk. Try it out and if you don't like it, uninstall it. On the website I submitted my email address that goes to my phone. While in my phone I opened my email and clicked on the link they sent me to download the browser. It downloaded pretty quickly and only took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

You can download it here: http://www.boltbrowser.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment